Here’s how childcare providers can get involved in the campaign to #SaveChildcareVouchers:
1. Contact your local MP(s)
Write to your MP and ask them to put pressure on the government over its Childcare Voucher policy.
Its free, easy to do, and takes less than five minutes – just follow these steps:
- Click on theyworkforyou.com and enter your business’ post code to find your local MP.
- Click on your MP’s name
- Click on the button near the top left of the page with the subject line ‘#SaveChildcareVouchers’.
- Tell your MP why the Childcare Voucher scheme should be open to new entrants, and ask them to urge the government to do so. Make your email personal to you, for example:
- How have Childcare Vouchers enabled the parents who use your service to stay in work?
- How have Childcare Vouchers have helped parents, and therefore childcare providers such as yourselves, financially?
- Do you find the scheme easy to use, and it is easy to accept payments?
- Are Childcare Voucher payments easier to accept in comparison to Tax-Free Childcare?
- Have you experienced problems with Tax-Free Childcare?
- Anything else that you feel might be relevant.
2. Share this campaign with your parents and colleagues
Encourage your networks to write to their MP so that all parents can have access to Childcare Vouchers.
3. Share this campaign on social media
You can also use social media to call on your MP to #SaveChildcareVouchers.