Sign the business pledge to #SaveChildcareVouchers – email email@example.com with the name of your business and the number of your employees to find out more.
Here’s how employers can get involved in the campaign to #SaveChildcareVouchers:
1. Contact your local MP(s)
Write to your MP on behalf of your business and urge them to put pressure on the government over its Childcare Voucher policy.
Its free, easy to do, and takes less than five minutes – just follow these steps:
- Click on theyworkforyou.com and enter your business’ post code to find your local MP(s).
- Click on your MP’s name
- Click on the button near the top left of the page with the subject line ‘#SaveChildcareVouchers for employers’.
- Tell your MP why you think Childcare Vouchers should be open to new entrants, and ask them to urge the government to do so. Personalise the email to your business, telling them how your employees have benefited or how workplace practices have improved or adapted for working parents, for example:
- How many employees does your business employ, and what proportion of your workforce are parents?
- How many of your staff use Childcare Vouchers?
- How long has your business offered the scheme?
- Have you found that the scheme has helped facilitate positive employer-employee discussions about childcare? Can you give any particular examples?
- Are Childcare Vouchers a popular employee benefit in your business?
- Does your business have employees on rotation that are likely to be impacted now the scheme has closed? For example, nurses on rotation placements within the NHS.
- Have your employees expressed concerns to you now the scheme has closed?
- Anything else that you feel might be relevant.
2. Share this campaign with your staff and other networks
Encourage your employees to write to their local MPs so that all parents can have access to Childcare Vouchers.
3. Share this campaign on social media
You can also use social media to call on your MP to #SaveChildcareVouchers. Share this campaign on Facebook, or tweet to your network.
4. Sign the business pledge to #SaveChildcareVouchers.
Join more than 270 businesses, representing over 140,000 employees, who support the campaign to #SaveChildcareVouchers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your business and the number of your employees to find out more.